Thursday, August 14, 2008

my fast

It's time for the 40 Hour Famine again. This time we're going without something that really matters to us to raise money to help World Vision give kids in India their basic human rights and free them from child labour, trafficking and slavery. $40 feeds 8 kids for a month. So think about that and I suggest that if u'r not fasting, support those who are and donate to the less fortunate children in India. If u wanna donate, let me know and I'll tell u how to go about. I've collected about $670 so far but we can always help more :)

I'm gonna forego all technology/electronicals again- phone, tv, computer, radio, microwave (!!) lol, and the list goes on. if u know me, u'd know how hard it is for me. hahah. apparently some people said that meant i couldn't use cars either. so i arranged for cell to be at my place..so i wouldn't have to walk home in the middle of the night. lol. and sorry i won't be able to help u to move, jon :P 40 hours also means i've got 1 and a half days less to do my assignment which is due on friday. so much for trying to finish it earlier. my brothers are fasting food which means they aren't gonna cook which means i won't be able to eat cooked food because my stove is those heat inductor thingums.  i'll probably curl up in bed with a good book (recommendations, anyone?) and lots of snacks..unless i get really hungry and decide that i'm hardworking wnough to use the traditional stove thingum in our backyard.. would i? hahah. and i guess my warzone of a room probably needs a little cleaning up as well.. gotta be prepared in case someone pops by one of these days ;)

8 comments:

sodabug said...

you could always re-read twilight again and forget that breaking dawn ever came out....

ange said...

since all the books are with you. except breaking dawn. (:


anyhoo. i'll see you on sat as well.

Tan Chia Hui said...

how kind of u amy... keep it up!

amy said...

sodabug- my twilight is currently circulating ard uni friends. woohoo! more ppl are getting sucked into awesomeness of edward cullen. lol

ange- save me from boredom on saturday!

h@ppyboy- thank you :)

Anonymous said...

but the argument could be that all the snacks you buy and eat were processed with technology and electrical goods, more so than that which you would cook on your electric stove...

let's go even further ahead
you won't be able to use your light, your shower, etc. etc. etc.

where does one draw the line?

amy said...

jeremy- BAH!!!! leave me be. lol. at least i fasted all electronical communications. hahah. that itself is a feat. n u still owe me 20 bucks :P

Anonymous said...

yes yes I owe you money
don't have to advertise it to the world :P

congratulations on surviving without your mobile phone for a bit more than a day :p

amy said...

lol. thanks. it was hard kayy